The main objective is to introduce kids to soccer at a social level.
Basic concepts like team collaboration and ball contact are introduced while playing games.
- Division: Mixed (Coed)
- Skill Level: Non-Competitive – No scorekeeping Introduction to soccer.
- U6/U8 Divisions
Summer House League
Morden Minor Soccer Association runs a league from August through September with divisions set up in the following manner for boys and girls:
Division # 1 is Grade 2 – Grade 3
Division # 2 is Grade 4 – Grade 6
Division # 3 is Grade 7 – Grade 10 (Coed)
Morden Minor Soccer Association requires every child to wear proper equipment to participate in the sport.
- Soccer cleats (no baseball cleats)
- Shin pads
- Long socks (worn over shin pads, all Velcro covered)
- Shorts with no pockets
- No jewelry (including earrings)
- Glasses must be secured by a band
*Before any game, the referee will line up the kids and check for proper equipment.
Winter Soccer Clinic
It’s important for developing young soccer players to train year-round. That’s why MMSA offers both a summer/fall league and now a winter soccer clinic.
Who is this winter clinic geared towards?
- 8 – 12 years old (boys and girls)
- Kids whose first sport is soccer.
- Kids who look to develop their soccer skills during the winter holiday vacation
Common objectives of the clinic
- To develop a solid group of players and form travelling teams to compete in the different leagues in our region
- To also open the door for people interested in becoming coaches and supporting MMSA programs.
- To share a unique and exciting experience with other kids from all around the world