Morden Minor Soccer Association (MMSA) is a volunteer-based Youth Soccer Association dedicated to Kindergarten through Grade 10 youth. The leadership of the coaches and the officials focuses on teaching solid soccer skills, sportsmanship and physical conditioning for all players.
Summer House League
Morden Minor Soccer Association runs a league from August through September with divisions set up in the following manner for boys and girls:
Division # 1 is Kindergarten-Grade 1
Division # 2 is Grade 2 – Grade 3
Division # 3 is Grade 4 – Grade 6
Division # 4 is Grade 7 – Grade 10
Morden Minor Soccer Association requires every child to wear proper equipment to participate in the sport. (Recommended to K-1, mandatory for all other MMSA players)
- Soccer cleats (no baseball cleats)
- Shin pads
- Long socks (worn over shin pads, all Velcro covered)
- Shorts with no pockets
- No jewelry (including earrings)
- Glasses must be secured by a band
*Before any game, the referee will line up the kids and check for proper equipment.
You are asked to refrain from smoking on or near the field for the health and safety of all children playing on the field. Alcohol is prohibited.
Winter Soccer Clinic
It’s important for developing young soccer players to train year-round. That’s why MMSA offers both a summer/fall league and now a winter soccer clinic.
Who is this winter clinic geared towards?
- 8 – 12 years old (boys and girls)
- Kids whose first sport is soccer.
- Kids who look to develop their soccer skills during the winter holiday vacation
Common objectives of the clinic
- To develop a solid group of players and form travelling teams to compete in the different leagues in our region
- To also open the door for people interested in becoming coaches and support MMSA programs.
- To share a unique and exciting experience with other kids from all around the world