Relatives, legal guardians or players who are interested in getting involved in the league after their Grade 9 year are invited to become a Coach or Referee with clinics offered to them every year before the season starts.
As part of the registration process, each family will be given a selection of Volunteer position to choose from. These positions are on first come, first serve basis. Family members or older siblings wishing to be directly involved in the game are invited to Referee, Coach or Co-Coach.
MMSA Volunteer Job Descriptions – 2014 Season
*Please take the time to choose a volunteer job that you will be able to fulfill. If every family helps out with one thing, we can continue to improve the overall experience for the kids & the fans!
Coaches – Contact – Mike Agnew
Draft teams on Weds. July 2nd Or Thurs. July 3rd and running practices & games for the season
Boys & Girls Divisions: K-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-10
* Coaches are integral to our soccer program! Please consider signing up to coach or co-coach and help our players develop their skills!
Draft Night Volunteers (Weds. July 2nd Or Thurs. July 3rd)
* Two hours to assist with drafting the boys or girls teams.
Nets & Mesh – Contact – Craig Geake
* 1-2 hours to work together and get all our nets set up for the season.
End of September
* 1-2 hours to work together and get all our mesh taken down and stored for the winter.
Equipment – Contact – Claes Aschberg
Start of Season – Late July/Early August
* 1-2 hours to sort equipment, fill balls, organize uniforms or supervise pick-ups at Access Event Centre.
End of Season – Late September
* 1-2 hours to take in and check equipment and uniforms or clean up storage area at Access Event Centre.
Lines – Contact – Shawna Dobbelaere
*Needed for 6-10 Division Only
* Coordinate the schedule for linespeople, make adjustments depending on number of teams per division, send an email with full schedule and contact info to all volunteers at the beginning of the season.
Linesperson (for one game)
Boys – Monday or Wednesday OR Girls – Tuesday or Thursday
* Assist the referee by watching one side of the field for the ball crossing out of bounds.
* Two linespeople needed per game. Sign up for a specific night according to the schedule (based on 4 teams/division).
Timbits T-shirts & Medals – Contact – Shawna Dobbelaere
* Pick up the Timbits order and distribute all shirts and medals to teams by 6:30 pm Wednesday, August 6th.
* Pick up the Timbits order and distribute all shirts and medals to teams by 6:30 pm Tuesday, August 5th.
Registration 2015 – Contact – Shawna Dobbelaere
* Work with the other coordinator, be responsible for organizing the volunteers and attending one of the 2015 registration nights. (Tuesday June 2nd or Wednesday June 3rd 2015)
* Work at one of the registration tables from 6:00-8:00 pm (Tuesday June 2nd or Wednesday June 3rd 2015)
Photographers – Contact – Daniel Rocha
* Take photos of MMSA games and events for use on the MMSA media outlets.
Wind-up Day – Contact – Coordinator Position available!
September 27th 2014 (around 9:00 am-1:00 pm)
* Volunteers will meet in mid-September to plan the event.
* In the past, volunteers have organized players into teams, prepared and distributed lunch to players and families.
Championship T-shirts – Contact – Kevin Storey
Sizing information Collector
* Talk to all teams regarding sizing information by the first week of September to allow time for ordering (Girls & Boys Divisions Grade 2 and up)
Distribution of T-shirts
* Hand out Championship t-shirts for each Division following the playoff games (Boys- September 24th & Girls – September 25th)
Evaluations – Contact – Shawna Dobbelaere
Boys or Girls
* Distribute and collect player evaluations from Coaches at the end of the season.
*Referees are paid positions in MMSA, not volunteer. All interested referees should sign up during registration to ensure that they are available to attend a local Reffing clinic in late July.