- Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct
Principles of Fair Play
- Respect the rules
- Respect the officials and their decisions
- Respect your opponent
- Give everyone an equal chance to participate
- Maintain your self-control at all times
Fair Play Code For Players
- I will participate because I want to, not just because my parents or coaches want me to.
- I will play by the rules, and in the spirit of the game.
- I will control my temper – fighting and “mouthing off” can spoil the activity for everybody. No swearing!
- I will respect my team mates and opponents. No put downs.
- I will do my best to be a true team player.
- I will remember that winning isn’t everything – that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
- I will acknowledge all good plays/performances – those of my team and of my opponents.
- I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will accept their decisions and show them respect.
Fair Play Code For Parents
- I will not force my child to participate in sports.
- I will remember that my child plays sport for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
- I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game/event.
- I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and trying hard.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays/performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- I will never question the officials’ judgment or honesty in public.
- I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s sporting activities.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches who give their time to provide sport activities for my child.